Thursday, September 29, 2011

Growing Up

When we were in Alaska Allison discovered how to crawl out of her pack-n-play. Once we were home she realized she could also crawl out of her crib. At which point we decided it was time to be done with her crib. Sort of. We turned it into a toddler bed. Allison loves it. She is actually quite content to play on her bed now. I've also slowly updated her room a bit from when she was first born. Here are some of the updates....

Her big girl bed with the fun new wall decals. They are not nearly the quality you get from Uppercase Living, but I loved the colors & designs in these decals from Target (and the price was hard to beat!)

A new laundry tote and a floor pillow I made. You can't tell but the pink fabric has little orange owls on it. Mark really likes this pillow, he even requested it. He's come a long ways from being rather annoyed with my first floor pillows.

I changed up the wall art. More from Target. Target is such a wonderful place!
And the rocking chair where we read lots and lots of stories. With a very special quilt made by my dear friend, Melissa.

Ah yes, Allison & I on her bed. She loves taking pictures with the self timer. In her room there weren't many options to set one up so I ended up sitting on her bed. It is quite small!

2 comments:

Mel G. said...

I like that last pic! You girls look pretty good there!

Amy said...

Very cute! We just moved Selah to a big girl bed and I bought the same wall decals! (and decided not to get the cute painting) Great minds must think alike. :)