Saturday, September 10, 2011

Crater Lake

At the end of August we took a family camping trip with some good friends down at Diamond Lake, which is very close to Crater Lake. None in our family had ever been to Crater Lake. In my case I consider it excusable since I didn't move to Oregon until college but Mark was born & raised in Oregon! Since we were so close we decided we had to go. We were so glad we did. It was a beautiful day.

The lake is so blue! I know everyone says that about Crater Lake but it is still something amazing to behold. The sky was blue, too. Not a cloud in sight (until later that day, but that is for another post!)



There is a rock wall around all the viewpoints. You aren't supposed to go over it. Our little girl loved walking on it a little too much for my comfort. We finally had to lay down the law and stop letting her walk on it.

Of course great places are even better with friends along. Allison adores Becca and Emma and had so much fun playing with them all weekend. Do you think three girls could get any cuter?



We had a picnic before we headed out to drive around the remainder of the loop. Allison loves her 'appa jus' especially on a bright sunny day. Allison fell asleep so Mark & I were able to enjoy the drive and views all the way around the lake. We've already decided we're going back next year with my parents in tow. With all the biking we're pretty sure they'd have a great time and there are many more areas we want to explore around the lake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joani- I am disappointed that you were in my neck of the woods and didn't give me a call! I would have loved to come up to Diamond or Crater Lake and hang out a little while.
Drew

Joani said...

Oh Drew! I had no idea that was so close to you! If we do go back next year I will let you know. I did think of you, though, I think the last time I was that far south on I5 was when Forrest & took a trip to visit you in Medford while we were both at OSU!