Sunday, October 2, 2011

Jesse Bear Party

This fall I purchased the 'Before Five in a Row' homeschooling preschool curriculum to make sure I had plenty of ideas of activities for time with Allison. I've also been trading in my Amazon gift cards for lots of children's books from the curriculum. The first book we 'studied' (I use the term 'studied' very loosely) was Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear? We had fun reading the book in the evenings and looking at the pictures. Eventually I scheduled a 'Jesse Bear' party with Allison's new friend, Annie, from church. I don't actually have any pictures of the girls at the party because we were busy doing activities but here is a glimpse of what we did. I had all of Allison's stuffed bears out to play with and Annie's Dad, Jeff read them the book.

Then we let the girls dress their own Jesse Bears (I cut them out of really thin cardboard and used my fabric scraps). They were both more obsessed with the glue than the thought of making clothes. At this point I was bummed Bekah had her school party and couldn't join us, I know she would have put together some fabulous outfits!

And our party snacks, gummy bears, mini Teddy Grahams and home made sugar cookies cut into small bears (I made cookie sandwiches out of them with frosting). The girls also 'dressed' (decorated) some butterfly sugar cookies...apparently I don't have a big bear cookie cutter...good thing neither of the girls cared! We're looking forward to more adventures inspired by books in the months to come. And Allison (and I) is thrilled to have a new friend Annie (and her Mom, Tana) to enjoy books with her!

No comments: