Sunday, September 4, 2011

Alaska Sewing Project - The Uptown Jacket

Some time ago I saw a pattern for an 'Uptown Jacket' and I have been obsessed with it ever since! I don't have much experience sewing clothing so I bought the pattern & fabric (including the one on the picture of the pattern!) and packed them up to Alaska where my Mom could help me make it. I was particularly concerned as this pattern required some gathers to be sewn in. We had a big Kroon women's sewing day while I was in Alaska. Aunt Pam & Rachel came along with fabric to make a jacket for Savannah. And Anita stopped by as an honorary Kroon. I loved the result of Allison's jacket, pictured above & below. I still need to finish the top stitching on her sleeves and add the button and button hole, but it is too warm to wear it here right now so I'm not in a rush. I can't wait to see Savannah's, too! The jackets are fully reversible although I'm pretty sure Allison will be wearing the green on the outside, the lining doesn't have any interfacing so it doesn't quite lay down the same. The pattern turned out to be easier than I expected and I would highly recommend it!

Puddle jumping in her new jacket!

Allison & Savannah at their first Kroon Sewing Day!


This is what Allison looked like at the end of our sewing day. She wore a dress my Mom had made for her (Ella had a matching one!). She was wearing capri leggings with a ruffle at the bottom. To keep her warm Mark pulled her socks up to her leggings. Then he put her toddler Keen's on her and her winter coat (with the competing pattern on the outside!). And my Mom finished the look by putting her crown from Auntie Hannah on her. Yup, she was a sight to be seen. And she was well received by Anita for dinner that night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The coat turned out super cute Joani! I love it!

Anita