Thursday, September 22, 2011

Finished in 2011 No. 10

I have been doing a lot of sewing lately. My poor machine is over due for it's yearly maintenance but I'm trying to wrap up a few projects before I take it in. This project was a quilt for my friend, Sara, and I just finished it last weekend. Sara lives on a farm and loves it! They have cows and chickens and who knows what else on their farm. And Sara had a baby girl just about a week ago. I found this Riley Blake fabric collection online at fatquartershop.com, and bought it in a 10" stacker (note - this is a very economical way to make a quilt almost no scrap at all!). I then cut up the fabric using a good ol' stack-n-wack method and pieced it all together. I love the patchwork feel of the quilt, especially since it has a nice homey farm feel. I quilted it using a random pattern with pink & green variegated thread. I also washed this quilt before giving it away, I love the nice crinkly feeling of a quilt after being washed.


I backed the quilt with a really soft red and white polka dot flannel. It is seriously one of the softest flannels around. So here is to hoping baby Corina gets lots of snuggle time on this one!


1 comment:

ClaireCarpenter said...

I still absolutely LOVE this quilt :)