Monday, September 12, 2011

An Indoor Saturday

Although Allison is a bit on the young side she has had a lot of interest in using the bathroom lately. Well, for months actually. I finally caved in and decided we needed to give her a chance to try out 'big girl underwear' for a day. I chose the Saturday of Labor Day weekend since it would only take up 1/3 of my weekend rather than 1/2. After a quick trip to the Saturday market we came home, put the big girl undies on and loaded her up with salty snacks and juice! It was a big day. For both of us. Allison was successful about 50% of the time. About 100% of my patience was used up by the end of the day. I was soooo thankful for some extra absorbent training pants from my friend, Jodi. We still have a long ways to go, but she has actually been going to the bathroom more often lately when she asks to sit on the potty. That is a big step forward in my book. We'll get there sooner or later!
We spent the day finding all sorts of activities to do inside where we could be close to the potty. I pulled out our 'Memory' game and Allison loved making matches. We also played with play dough, watched movies, colored lots of pictures and ended the day with a football party with Mr. Brent (who was a really good sport for putting up with Potty Training Day 1 for an evening!).







I did it!

No comments: