Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sewing Adventures

Allison has hit a new stage in development.  She is at a point where she is (very) hard on clothing.  As a result I have quite the mending pile that I can't seem to ever get on top of.  Dress straps that are starting to come out....princess dresses in all sorts of states of disrepair (you can't expect too much from Target dress-up clothes I suppose)....leggings with holes where she fell....and jeans with holes being worn in the knees.  I decided to try to patch these jeans, Allison loved the heart shaped patches.  The patches worked well for about three wears and then she tripped and fell and one of the patches ripped off again.  I'll probably try to keep these functional through the summer but next year we're opting for a pair of jeans with reinforced knees!  I suppose I should be glad she is so active and that I have so many opportunities to expand my sewing skills.

No comments: