Monday, April 1, 2013

Celebrating Heidi

  I consider myself to be incredibly blessed in that I work with a group of wonderful people.  They are definitely one of the best parts of my job.  They put together a little party to celebrate the arrival of Heidi.  The cake above is one of my favorite cake's of all time - it is from New Morning Bakery (a local bakery) and is pretty much strawberry shortcake in a sheet cake form.  It has real, fresh strawberries in the middle, whipped-cream like frosting and the cake is a fabulous white cake.  It is heavenly.  And just one of the many reasons I like work parties.  And I have to admit, having Heidi's name on the stroller adds the perfect touch.  I should note, this was a full sheet cake so we had HUGE pieces of cake and still about 1/2 left over!  Yum!! 
I took this picture so I'd be able to remember the many folks I work with.  I also like the fact that I can spot my friend Roberta's handwriting so easily!  And a few of my favorite notes - one comparing babies to engineers and another that simply says 'Hang On!'
And then some fabulous and generous gifts.  A Beco carrier which I am finally getting the hang of and I love it (my friend Ramie recommended it and I have to admit it is probably the best carrier out there!), some Aden & Anais muslin swaddling wraps which I also love (these were from the recommendation of my friend, Claire), a few toys, baby care items, diapers and lots of fabulous summer clothes!  
All in all it was a great party, I felt very blessed and Heidi had a great time showing off her sleeping skills and was a trooper about being passed around!

No comments: