Saturday, June 29, 2013

Tough Girl's Hike

 Jodi & I have very sweet girls, but probably not the toughest girls in the world.  Actually, definitely not the toughest.  So, we decided to take them on a little hike and challenge them.  We had a fun day up at Silver Falls, starting with a picnic lunch (in which Jodi & I had our own 'toughness' challenged when a spider kept trying to join us!).
 Then we hiked behind the South Falls.  the girls thought it was pretty cool to walk behind the water fall.
At the bottom of the Upper South Falls Heidi was fast asleep so we decided to go the additional 0.8 miles to the Lower South falls.  We had to stop for a water break before we headed out.  She sure looks like a tough girl with all that jewelry on, doesn't she?  I'm a little bummed - all of the foliage makes her skin tone look a little funny in this picture!  Anyhow - we made it almost to the Lower South Falls - then I refused to walk the bazillion steps to the bottom with Heidi on my back.  We gave the girls some animal crackers for an energy boost to get back.  Heidi woke up shortly after so I walked back as fast as I could - with her screaming in the pack the whole way until we got to car & I could feed her.  Jodi & the big girls followed shortly after.  All the way back up.  I think the whole hike was just under 3 miles, which is actually quite a bit for our girls (or at least mine!).  To wrap up the day we stopped for frozen yogurt - we were HOT!  Can't wait for our next hiking adventure with the Wagner ladies!

No comments: