Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mary's Peak Birthday Hike

 Hiking Mary's Peak around my birthday is one of my favorite things to do; there are tons of fabulous wildflowers at the top.  We didn't make it up on my birthday but we did go shortly after, late in the afternoon.  Allison was able to try out her new Camelback (we copied her cousin Savannah's birthday present - thanks for the idea Rachel!).
 The flowers did not disappoint!  Nothing in Oregon quite matches Hatcher Pass (in Alaska) but this is the closest I've found yet.



 Allison, of course, had a snack at the top.  And we learned we don't need to FILL her Camelback; we emptied some out to make it lighter for her.

 I carried Heidi in the Beco carrier.  She had a grand time.
A storm was moving in on our way down so things were getting darker fast.  Allison still wanted to stop & get a picture with the wildflowers on this hillside.  I love my little birthday hike every year!

No comments: