Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Projects Part II

While Mark has been keeping busy with some wood working projects I have been sewing away. I have several quilts in the works to show you soon. In the meantime I thought I'd share a few smaller projects as well, especially since they were all made with free online tutorials and / or patterns. The picture above is of a table runner, made using three fat quarters. My friend, Leslie, told me about this pattern and I used it to make this table runner. It was very quick to put the top together, it just took me a few months to finish the quilting and bind it.

I cut the leftover table-runner fabric out to make a wristlet months ago. Then I bought a matching zipper. And I finally put it together a few weeks ago. This was my first attempt at sewing with a zipper and it was surprisingly easy. I'd highly recommend this tutorial from the Pink Penguin blog if you are interested in making your own wristlet or learning how to sew zippers in.

Finally, I made a 'Sprocket Pillow' after seeing a picture of one with a link to this tutorial on the Cluck, Cluck, Sew blog. This pillow was fun to make and I can't wait to make more. Good thing I have plenty of scrap fabric laying around. I also learned how to make a fabric covered button for this pillow. I picked up an inexpensive kit at Jo-Ann Fabrics and I'm sure I'll be making lots of fabric covered buttons in the future. And this concludes this version of my favorite online sewing tutorials. I'll have more soon, I'm sure!

2 comments:

janet wright said...

Those are great Joani, I keep wishing I could sew because I have four old/ugly pillows that I'd love to recover.

Naomi said...

I'm always impressed with your projects, Joani, but I'm pretty much in love with that pillow! My mom and I are making a new futon cover while she's visiting this week and I think I know what I'll do with the scraps!