Friday, July 1, 2011

Cupcakes!

Allison's birthday was almost a month ago. I still haven't really posted much about her party and I'm not sure when I will get around to it. I figured I should at least share one of the best parts of her birthday, the cupcakes, of course. I made these cupcakes & toppers myself. I used short wooden skewers, some scrap booking paper, paper punches and some digital scrap booking software to make these. They went together very quickly one evening. And I still have lots of wooden skewers left so I can continue to do this for many birthdays to come. These were much cheaper than buying a cupcake kit and I enjoyed being able to personalize them. I didn't spend much time decorating the cupcakes then, either, just frosting and sprinkles, add a topper and they were done.


For Allison's pre-school class I ordered cupcakes from my friend, Morgan, at Kool Kupcakes (local friends, you can find them on Facebook!). Morgan makes the cutest cupcakes. I simply told her Allison's current 'favorites' are ducks are monkeys and she ran with it. The duck is made out of yellow Laffy Taffy. Amazing, huh? So there you have it, a little cupcake inspiration for you all!

No comments: