Monday, June 20, 2011

Another Year....

This past weekend I turned another year older. I made sure I made the most of it and declared it my birthday right up until Sunday when I had to let Father's Day take over as the important event to be celebrated. Friday night two of my favorite people (Dan & Natalie) came over for dinner, ice cream cake and a round of games. I chose to play Sequence since my brain was fried from a busy work week. Natalie's brain was tired, too, but we still managed to beat the men, best two out of three! Saturday morning we met up with some more favorite people, the West Coast Wagner family and biked out to a yummy restaurant. The restaurant is located on a large organic farm and they serve brunch, made with food from the farm. Although the words 'organic farm restaurant' may scare you away, the food is actually quite yummy & plentiful. Mark was thoroughly impressed and satisfied. That means something when he biked 20 miles towing a 2-year-old. Jodi & I are pretty sure this is the way to do this activity - bring the men along to tow the kiddos.
Our spring / summer have been very late, cool & wet this year so the flower garden wasn't exactly colorful yet. But we did sit the girls down to take some pictures.

I think Bekah might be one of Allison's all-time favorite friends. She was so excited to hold her hand! Allison had a huge smile in every picture I took!


We rounded out my birthday celebration by calling in some babysitters (who decided to brave Red Robin with a wound up 2-year-old) and going to an adult restaurant ourselves. We rarely go out to nice places so it was a treat to visit The Vault in downtown Albany. Both Mark & I ate Alaskan seafood (that is the best seafood, after all!) and then spent some time in Borders browsing through books and magazines. And that was the end of my birthday celebration. It was a fun one!

1 comment:

Jodiferkay said...

So glad you had a great birthday weekend! We had a BLAST on Saturday and definitely need to get another date on the calendar to do that at LEAST one more time this summer. That has become one of my very favorite summer traditions!