Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Projects Part I

Awhile back I mentioned a project Mark was working on for Allison's birthday. Well, here it is! Potterybarn Kids & The Land of Nod both had 'doll house' bookcases in recent years and I loved them but not the price tag. Last December I saw this post on one of my favorite blogs. I bookmarked it and shared it with Mark this spring, telling him he could (and should) make Allison a dollhouse bookcase. Thankfully, he took my idea and ran with it. This is one sturdy bookcase! And the trim is amazingly detailed, I could not figure out a way to take a good picture of the trim work on the windows & doors. Mark decided to take this to a cabinet painter he knows to get it painted so it has a very durable paint job. I had originally planned to paint the roof green and perhaps try to 'decorate' it. I've decided to leave it alone for the time being, though, as I don't want to ruin the paint job. I now have a new assignment for Mark - a platform bed with a house shaped headboard. I can't wait to see how it turns out! I'm already dreaming of the quilt to make to go with it......

No comments: