Monday, June 13, 2011

Lil' Helper

Allison's ability to mimic our actions has been improving. It will still be awhile before her assistance can truly be considered 'help' so for now we'll just call it extra entertainment. Here are some of her latest and greatest 'helping' activities..... My friends Melissa & Natalie came over on Saturday to work on a quilting project. I left the project spread out on the floor. Early Sunday morning Allison got very quiet. So I went looking for her. She had pulled my quilting safety pins down from the table and dumped them on the quilt. She was arranging them on the quilt just like she had seen Natalie do the day before. The extra bonus to all of this? Seeing these pictures just makes me love my current quilt project even more, it is so bright & cheerful!



Our strawberries are finally ripening. They have started to produce a lot of berries. I see a lot of berry processing work in my future but I'm not going to complain. On Saturday Allison helped me pick berries and we made strawberry waffles. She loved them. We went out and picked again today. This time I had enough to make a batch of freezer jam and 1/2 quart of strawberry puree (for making strawberry lemonade). If anyone has some good strawberry recipes please send them my way. Or if anyone wants to trade some strawberries for rhubarb please let me know - I still haven't convinced Mark to let me plant rhubarb yet!



Finally, Mark's work is really picking up for the next few weeks. So we spent some time on Sunday afternoon prepping food (cutting fruit & veggies and cooking brown rice). Allison cleaned & tore up lettuce and peeled carrots. I take that back. She attempted to peel a carrot. I'm not sure how far she got before she decided she would rather eat it. So she ran off with it, lounged with her favorite new giraffe and chomped away! We certainly were not going to complain about her eating a carrot!









No comments: