Monday, September 30, 2013

Colorado Adventure

 Heidi & I just got back from a super fun and super full weekend visiting Colorado to celebrate Carrie's wedding.  This is the only picture I have of Carrie from the weekend....sad but true we were both so busy.  That is what happens when you get married I suppose!  But I'm sure we'll see more wedding pictures soon directly from Carrie!  Anyhow - our weekend started with a visit with my friend, Amy and her youngest in Denver.  No pictures.  That is what happens when you meet up for a traveling play date I suppose.  We didn't stay in Denver long as it was snowing in the mountains.  Thankfully Heidi & I made it to our destination before things froze over to the cabin we shared for the weekend with my parents.  Heidi put her hand in the snow.  And she was not a fan.  But it was a new experience!
 
 The next morning we were up before the sun.  A sunrise in the Rocky Mountains is a wonderful experience so I can't complain too much.
We headed out for a walk to get the girlie a break from the cabin.


 This was our cabin on the right, one of the last cabins in the ranch, nestled up in the trees.  Very cozy.  We loved it.
 Someone was very excited for her walk.
 Scott & Carrie picked the perfect weekend for a wedding.  Check out the color of the trees!  The snow added the perfect touch (but was mostly gone by the time the wedding happened!)

 On our walk down to the Celebration Cabin we ran into some very dear friends who we do not see often enough coming out of their cabin for a photo op.  It was one of the highlights of my weekend to see these friends - half of the Morris clan.  I caught a picture of Auntie Jen & her nieces with their new Turkish scarves.

 And she took one of Heidi and I.  Then we watched the kids play and play and play in the snow.  Heidi loved these kids - she would outright giggle at the sight of them!

 An attempt at sledding while we waited for a few more adults to join us on our walk.

 We continued on our walk and found fresh black bear prints in the snow!!  I guess there was a good reason for our bear-proof trash cans!

 And very fresh moose tracks just a little further on.
 We had fun hanging out in our little cabin for the weekend - Heidi is getting really good at pulling herself up on things.  And she played with empty water bottles all weekend!
 I had to throw this one in there - my Dad unpacked the groceries so the instant oatmeal and nut packs ended up in the fridge.  Go figure!
And late Sunday night we flew home to Eugene with my Mom.  We had so. much. fun.  Things went so fast - I wish I had the time to enjoy them more but we needed to get home for our family's next adventure....more on that soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A cabin in the ranch; very sweet. It's really a great place to start your adventure, especially seeing the sunrise in Rocky Mountains. It's a one-of-a-kind experience we can hardly forget. Sad that you just have to stay for a few days, but who knows, you might come back soon and do more fun activities with Heidi. Robert @ CondosInsteamBoat.com