Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Finished in 2012 no. 4

I finished another quilt in 2012! I'm 10 months 'early' too. I knew if I waited until November or December to start on this it would not be done in time for Christmas so I decided to finish it in February. It is a card holder, I'm planning to hang it on the back of our door during December to collect all the Christmas cards we'll get. This means lots of you will send cards, right? To go in this nifty card holder?!
This is the first time I've done much by way of applique on a project. My friend, Leslie, and I started these last January, working on the applique. We then pieced them back on October...and I finally quilted it. I really like how the finished project turned out and can't wait for next year. For any inquiring and creative minds out there - it is made with a Nancy Halvorsen pattern, using almost exclusively Nancy Halvorsen fabric.

2 comments:

Jodiferkay said...

Oh Joani, that is so cute! You are too talented. We feel pretty special being the "demo" card family too.

Joani said...

Yeah I figured I'd use yours and not worry about infringing on copyright since I took the picture ;).