Sunday, February 26, 2012

Caps for Sale - The Start of Mustache Mania

One of Allison's favorite books is Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina. We have it with an accompanying CD and Allison loves the songs that come on the CD as well. I've been working on some ideas of activities to do with the book (some inspired by Before Five in a Row) and decided to check Etsy for some play mustaches as the main character in the book has a fancy handlebar mustache. I was shocked at the number of mustaches available on Etsy....chocolate mustaches, paper mustaches, mustache themed baby blankets (!). Anyhow, I didn't have any trouble at all finding a mustache to go along with our story. Allison thought it was pretty fun.
Yup, even Mark got into it. I'm sure my readers are surprised to hear that! I'm not sure how he'd feel about me posting this picture of him...but I suppose it is too late to ask for permission....
Allison had to make funny facial expressions just like Mark!
All in all it was a very entertaining way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I loved that book as a kid!