Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baby Shower Fun

I haven't been to a baby shower in a long time...and it has been even longer since I helped with one...but I helped put two baby showers on in January. I have zero pictures from the first but I do have some from the second (of the decor, food, etc. - I forgot to use the camera once the party actually started!). This shower was for my friend, Meagan, who is expecting a baby girl in March! I 'borrowed' the quilt I had just finished from my friend, Claire, to use as part of the decor. I had originally planned to use it for a table covering but we used it cover the bulletin board instead - it looked great on the wall!
My friend, Jenny, is amazing at paper crafts! She made the cards pictured above for people to write special notes, blessings, prayers, etc. for the baby, all of which were then put in the little album shown above. Jenny also made the really cute banner below - and I used some of the remaining paper to make pencil pin wheels. I propped them up using dried navy beans - which worked perfectly!
And we pulled our friend, Morgan, in to make the cupcakes. She did an amazing job - making flamingos, hippos and alligators. The cupcakes were a huge hit! If anyone local needs cupcakes (for a very reasonable price) let me know - Morgan can help you out!
We had a great time and were so happy to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Baby Charlotte!

No comments: