Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Belated Christmas Gift

I was working on one more present at Christmas time but it just did not get finished. Thankfully the gift was for my dear friend, Mel, and she didn't mind a bit. I made another set of placemats using this Pink Penguin tutorial. I used a 'honey bun' of coordinating fabric (pre-cut 1 1/2" strips) to make these and so most of the sewing went together pretty quick (the part that didn't was all of the binding). I still have 1/2 of the honey bun left and some great ideas for using it! Better late than never, I suppose.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Those are SO cute and totally make me think of Mel! Nicely done :-)

Mel G. said...

Joani, i am using them! Well, 4 of them, right now. I love 'em! I don't know what i'll do when they get their first stain though. Oh well, then they will have that loved look!Thanks!