Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Balancing Act

I thought it was about time for a bike riding update... When I look through pictures on our computer I find lots of pictures like the one above - I'm always trying to capture Allison's latest & greatest riding on a camera. And it is hard! What you can't see above is how she picks both her feet up, sticks them straight out and weaves around. It is pretty darn cute. And we are very proud of her ability to balance! As you can see below she takes her riding very seriously!



We try to get out for a walk or ride in the evenings when it is dry (and sometimes when it is wet!). Tonight was a gorgeous fall evening so we went around the block. The most significant thing I noticed tonight? It is about time to raise the seat on Allison's bike. She is growing so fast! And her latest trick from tonight? Trying to stick both her feet up on the cross bar of her bike when riding. She didn't quite fall trying it tonight but she and her father had a little talk about going faster when attempting tricks. I think it is sinking in....I heard 'I go fast' coming out of her mouth several times tonight. Gotta love every minute of it!


And yes, I know, we forgot her helmet tonight. I feel a little bad. But she does ride on the sidewalk and her 'fast' is still quite slow so we didn't worry about it.

No comments: