Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer in the Kitchen

Have I mentioned our summer weather around here has been strange? Cool & wet, both of which are unusual in July. I have been taking advantage of the weather, though, and have been cooking & baking more than normal. On Monday Allison 'helped' me make muffins. She had a great time!

And I've decided cooking with a toddler is quite a bit messier than cooking without.

I have been making lots of freezer jam. Mostly with strawberries from our yard. My most recent batch was a strawberry-raspberry blend. It was really, really yummy. I finally had to move all of the jam out to the garage freezer, it was taking up too much space inside!

Oh yes, and I made cookies. To make Mark happy. And as a side bonus, they made Allison very happy as well!

No comments: