Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Mother's Day 2013 Hike

 Mark & the girls did a great job spoiling me on Mother's Day.  The day was very relaxing and I requested we end it with a little hike.  We 'hiked' the Homesteader trail in McDonald forest.  I use the term 'hiked' generously but we're easing Allison into the whole 'hiking' concept.  Heidi started in the BOB but didn't enjoy it.  She does love facing out in the Beco carrier, though, thankfully.
 Allison loved walking up and down this old fallen log and jumping off the end.
 She also tried to convince us the stump in the background of this picture was a scary monster.  We had quite the time getting her to walk towards it until she could finally tell it really was a tree stump.  Silly girl!  But I remember having quite an imagination when I was young, too, so I can't complain too much.  I'm bummed my focal point was off in this picture of the three of them....I don't know what happened!
 Our little hiking baby - getting to wiggle in the back of the car a bit before getting loaded up and....
 crashing hard on the way home.
 And of course I need to share some pictures of the wildflowers we saw...some of which may be more of weeds than wildflowers but pretty none the less.  Allison got into looking for the different ones with me. 





I thought this wild Oregon columbine looks an awful lot like the Alaskan fireweed...at least in this picture!  There was tons of it growing in a little 'meadow' along the trail by the creek.  You could hear tons of bees buzzing in the meadow!

No comments: