Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Finished in 2013 No. 1 & 2

 Life around here is just plain FULL lately.  My manager is allowing me to work a modified work schedule, 8-3 in the office and then an hour or two at night.  This means Heidi only needs two bottles a day and I get some time with the girls in the afternoon both of which are great.  But it also means I have very little time for any of my own projects.  Hence it feels like quilting is moving very, very slowly!  Regardless I managed to finish two quilts!  Both of which were close to done before 2013 even started but who's really keeping track, right?  Oh and don't you love my quilting helper?
 I made this quilt with mostly left-over fabric and had the quilt top sitting in my cabinet for almost two years!  I made a poppy quilt some time ago and went back and forth on which pattern to use so I had lots of left-over fabric by the time I was done.  I found a pattern in Quilts & More magazine to highlight fabrics with large prints - and this quilt was the result of that finding.  I backed and bound this quilt with flannel and it worked pretty well.  This quilt was shipped off to Alaska and auctioned off at a fund raiser for the youth group my sister works with.  I'm already planning next years quilt...
 And this quilt was given to my Mother-in-law for Mother's Day.  It is my 'Block-of-the-Month' quilt from 2012 over at the 'In Color Order' Blog.  I had a lot of fun doing this one and I think it is the first 'block of the month' quilt I have ever finished.  It helped that it was made entirely of half-square-triangles.  I may be making more of some of these blocks for some more quilts here soon!
Not only does she like to help me sew the quilts she likes to break them in, too.  She was pretty excited to give this quilt to Nana!

No comments: