Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Allison's 2013 Valentine's Day cards



This past Saturday Allison & I made Valentines for her to give to her class on Valentine's Day.  I found a small Hello Kitty stamp set at Michael's and Allison used that with a bright pink (washable!) ink pad to stamp some plain white paper.  I cut the paper up and we glued it onto pink and purple tri-fold notes.  I wrote her friends' name on each one and she attached a Hershey's kiss to each one.  Oh, and she sealed each one with some Hello Kitty tape which she thought was pretty fabulous!
In full disclosure I should mention that about 1/2 way through this project Mark came by and made the comment, 'Do you sometimes feel like the victim of your own ideas?'  We did have fun doing this but it was a bit much for Allison's attention span to handle even though we broke it up through-out the day.  I struggled keeping her on task to finish and we battled about whether or not she needed to make one for herself.  I could have helped things by having prepped more ahead of time.  I think we both had fun but next year we'll be doing things differently!


No comments: