Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cousin Time Part I

The day after the wedding we headed into Anchorage (again!) to spend some time with my Mom's side of the family. My cousin, Alison, was in Alaska and I hadn't seen her in almost five years so we really wanted to get together. I think we managed to get all of the 2nd cousins in one picture - except Cason - the only boy - who was safely snuggled in a Baby Bjorn during picture time. We gave him a pass this time! We met at a park for lunch.....

My Mom & her sisters - they all live in Alaska.

My cousin, Alison's two girls, Alayna & Autumn. Autumn (the younger one was showing the older one up in my Mom's golf toss game!).

Alayna was organizing a rock race. The race was between Ohio State (the 'bad' guys) and Michigan (the 'good' guys). I asked her about Oregon State and she gave me a blank stare. At least we agree on the 'bad' guys!

Ella Bella sliding...she did a spinning spread eagle face plant on her next trip down....poor kid!

The plushest swings ever! These were like recliners! We think they might be used for kids with disabilities at the elementary school - they had places for straps. All of the girls loved them!


The men headed out for a round of disc golf. Shortly after they left the weather turned from somewhat sunny to overcast and windy so all of the women huddled up by the school and drank hot chocolate & coffee.

Little Miss Autumn - she is super sweet and social! It was fun to get to meet her for the first time.

No comments: