Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Beginning of the Festivities

The main reason for our trip to Alaska was to attend my little brother's wedding. We arrived just in time for the wedding festivities to begin. The morning after we flew in my whole family headed into Anchorage for a 'Bridesmaid's Tea.' All the women in my family & Hannah's family and her bridesmaids met up at a lovely bed & breakfast on the hillside for tea. My Mom tried to find a tea house in Anchorage but struck out. Instead she found this little place, owned and operated by an Irish (or Scottish, I can't remember!) woman. The tea was a lot of fun. Allison still talks about the 'Tea Patty' - even though she's been out to tea this time really left an impression on her.

Hannah, the beautiful bride-to-be - now my newest sister!

The 'savory' platter!

And the 'sweet' platter. My friend, Jodi, and I are convinced the men in our lives would love tea parties if they would just give them a try. How can your turn down a platter like the one above?

Ella and her sugar cubes!

Allison getting some quality time with Auntie Sarah. It had been a long time!

Eventually the girls were bored with the tea party so they settled down to watch a movie. And yes, Ella is taking pictures of the movie. She recently learned how to operate a camera and Sarah finds all sorts of crazy pictures on there now! Including about 30 of the movie Tangled...

1 comment:

Jodiferkay said...

The guys would so LOVE the tea party...hmmmm, I'm predicting a Wagner/Curtis family outing in the near future. :)