Monday, August 29, 2011

The BIG Day

Friday, August 5, was the BIG day. The wedding day! It was also a crazy day. The wedding was at 7 pm so we were getting little girls ready & then entertaining them (and containing their excitement) all day. Since both Allison & I were in the wedding I didn't have my camera out nearly as much as I would have liked but here is a small glimpse of the day. My friend, Lu, came to do hair - and did side buns for both of the little girls to match the bridesmaids.



Auntie Brittney with her girls. I think she enjoyed the attention!

Do you think they could get any cuter?

We made a bit of a mistake in practice...they walked up and down the aisle multiple times (or rather ran). Ella 'got it' that she was supposed to stay up front but Allison made a run for it back down the aisle just after the wedding started. Thankfully my Dad caught her before she made it past the front row! We'll know better for next time when Allison gets to be a flower girl in February at Mr. Brent's wedding.

My Aunt Pam packed us a meal. We were very grateful. This little girl had her schedule really thrown off and were were glad we could feed her and keep her going.

Auntie Brittney and her little date. Yup, he made sure he had some time with her, too!

Have I mentioned these two were a bit wiggly? They kept Auntie Brittney's hands FULL!

Hannah had decorated the lodge with all these balls. I thought they were pretty and I took way too many pictures trying to get a decent shot!

What little girls do at weddings!

By the end of the night I finally made my way to the back of the reception hall and found these three ladies. I love these women. They make an Alaska trip worth the effort every time. I didn't get to see any of them nearly long enough - but I did see each of them in the week following and I was so thankful. God has definitely blessed me with long standing friendships - even though our time is short - we still have a fun with every moment we are together!

No comments: