Thursday, June 5, 2014

Finished in 2014 No. 5

 I picked up a fat quarter pack of the 'Backyard Baby' fabric line over two years ago on a visit to Leslie's house in Seattle.  The fabric finally got pulled out to make a quilt for my friend, Carrie, expecting a baby boy in June.  I just a have a few tiny scraps left of the fabric - I made this 'pattern' up myself to optimize the fabrics I had.  And I like how it turned out (although admittedly it was a bit more labor intensive than my norm - especially those borders!) 

 A few places are still carrying some of the Backyard Baby fabric so I found some for the back, I love the turtles & snails (there are also some very subtle snails on the front in the green fabric).

 And now, it is off to Alaska and Baby Boy Samson can make his debut! 

No comments: