Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Ride

I had a pretty fun Mother's Day!  Jodi, Janelle & I decided we needed to go for a ride late last night and thankfully we were all free and the weather was perfect.
 Mark spent the afternoon working on my bike (one of my brakes was having an issue) which never resolved itself so I ended up riding his bike.  Since it was Mother's Day he was trying to take care of the girls AND fix my bike so he put Heidi in the car - where she was very content - because she found one of his muffins and my water bottle.  This girl did NOT want to come out of the car!
 We did end up a bit muddy (it rained a lot last week) but the Heidi-bug didn't care, she still wanted me to hold her (and she could recognize me in the funny glasses & helmet!)
 And since it was Mother's Day the fathers not only made dinner but cleaned up our bikes, too.  Can't beat that!
 Heidi insisted on wearing her backpack to the car (and was very upset when we took it off to put her in the car).  It is almost as big as she is - which of course makes it even cuter!  Can't wait for our next ride - I'm thankful for my little family and good friends who enjoy adventures (especially those who live right off of good bike trails!)

No comments: