Sunday, December 8, 2013

Snowflake Tea

 We had scheduled to go to a Christmas Tea at a local tea shop with our friends Bekah & Mel (Jodi being previously engaged with a trip to Hawaii!!) but the weather closed the tea shop down.  So we decided to have our own little tea party (minus Mel since she lives up in the hills and heading out wasn't going to happen!).  Heidi helped me prepare the 'tea' while Allison & Mark went into Corvallis for errands and to pick up Bekah.  It was a very simple tea party; sandwiches in Christmas themed shapes, homemade maple pecan scones and Trader Joe's Christmas Sugar Cookies.  I had them eat some oranges and grapes, too.  Oh, and special 'warm chocolate' of course!  Heidi was fascinated by all of the excitement in the kitchen!
 
The two girls ready for tea.  I don't really have any more pictures of it, but we had a great time (although we definitely missed Mel & Jodi!).  And yes, Allison was wearing a swimsuit.  She was giving her dolls a swim lesson and she ended up wearing it all day.  While it was all of 19 degrees outside.
 After playing outside in the snow the girls got another round of 'warm chocolate' but this time just the Swiss Miss standard mix.  And the rest of the cookies from the tea party.  While I was putting whipped cream & sprinkles on the hot chocolate Mark looked at me and asked 'Does Nate know how much sugar you are feeding his daughter?'  I figured I'd make up for it with a healthy dinner! :)

Oh yes, and what would a tea party / play date be without a craft?  This was a foam nativity set and it was way. too. complicated.  Thankfully the girls' patience ran out before mine (just barely) and it was abandoned with out me pushing for it at all.  But it did entertain us for the better part of an hour.  Lest anyone thing I'm a crafty super-Mom - it all went in the garbage and I felt no guilt!

1 comment:

Ramie said...

Sounds (and looks) like so much fun. Minus the crafting session. ;) My favorite part, however, is Allison wearing her swimsuit all day, since Judson still insists on wearing shorts. :)