Sunday, December 1, 2013

Our Weekend

I am really enjoying the camera on my new phone - I can download the pictures from the weekend and see all sorts of things I would have forgotten otherwise!  We had a great weekend at home, just hanging out as a family (Mark has been recovering from a cold so things were definitely low key!).
 This is the Heidi-bug's remote.  It is one for our old (broken) t.v. so it is all hers.  She is pretty proud of herself when she gets a hold of it!

 When I climbed into the Honda to go get our tree this is what the mileage was.  I had to take a picture!
 We went to our favorite (and rather fancy) tree farm to find a tree this year.  We opted out of taking the wagon ride to the field to pick & cut our own tree.  We wandered through the pre-cut ones - Mark figured they were okay since they were cut around 9 am that day (he is a rather picky Oregonian about his trees!).  It isn't the most impressive of our trees but we like it.
 (I had Heidi in the Beco carrier - I'm thankful she still likes that thing, it makes it much easier to carrier ehr around!)
 Sunday luch was rather unusual.  The girls had to be in the middle of the action (decorating).  And Mark was in the middle of repairing my Grammy's German Nativity Pyramid....I don't know how long since it has been functional....likely well over a decade!
 Allison opened her first '25 Days of Christmas' present from Auntie Brittney.  We had Britt on FaceTime for the opening.  Let's just say Allison is excited about her stash of presents!!
 And our family outing was to WalMart.  We hardly ever go and for some reason it sounded like a good idea, we needed dishwashing detergent after all!  Anyhow - we didn't get much but we found this cabin made of Coca-Cola.  Seriously.  I really wanted to by a pack of Coke but I couldn't find any that weren't part of the cabin!
 We had breakfast for dinner (omelettes & pumpkin muffins).  Allison gave me a hand wearing my apron that my Aunt Pam made for me.  It isn't really a Christmas apron but it looked sort-of Christmas-y.
 And we had our first Advent dinner.  December has completely caught me off guard me this year so I felt as though I was barely ready.
In the middle of all of our decorating and arranging this weekend Heidi has not only figured out how to climb the stairs but developed a desire to do so.  We'll have to keep a closer eye on her now.  Because just having a tree full of ornaments wasn't challenging enough.  :)

No comments: