Sunday, October 20, 2013

Apple Season

 I LoVe the fall!  Allison told me she does, too, while we were making applesauce today.  Actually, what she told me was 'this is my favorite time of summer' to which I translated to mean 'this is my favorite time of year.'  She hasn't quite figured out her time references yet!
Anyhow, we finally made our first batch of applesauce and this year Allison was actually helpful this year, she cut up the apples into chunks for me.  I helped her when I was done peeling and coring the apples - and that made her race faster to try to cut as many as she could before they were gone.

And before anyone thinks everything in our kitchen goes smoothly because of the nice pictures - I'll have you know rather than adding 1 cup of water I 'covered' the apples in water.  After trying to boil the water off Mark & I did a combined effort of straining the entire batch.  It worked but it was a bit touch-and-go for awhile - thankfully Allison entertained Heidi in her high chair for us!

No comments: