Sunday, September 30, 2012

September Sewing

 September is a big birthday month amongst our family and friends.  A few weeks ago we went to a small party for Allison's friend, Annie, her best buddy from Sunday School.  I made the dress above for Annie's birthday using a very simple pattern which I got from my Mom which is made up entirely of rectangles.  Meaning I could do it all with rotary cutting!  And the pattern goes up to size 8.  I will likely be making more of these.  My Mom made a matching one for Allison's birthday so one of these days we'll get a picture of the two girls in their matching dresses.
 And then, our dear friend, Bekah turned six!  I was very excited about this little gift.  I purchased and downloaded the full paper doll set from Sarah Jane Studios and printed them on ink jet magnetic paper.  Then I picked up a magnetic white board and made a folder to fit the white board (also with Sarah Jane Studio's fabric) complete with pockets to tuck all of the paper doll accessories in.  I have to say that I love this little folder, the paper dolls are absolutely adorable.  I kind of want one for myself.  Good thing I can print the files as much as I want for personal use, I'm pretty sure I'll be making more of these in the future, too!

No comments: