Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Colorado Part III - Pikes Peak

 On Saturday we took the train up to the top of Pikes Peak.  Allison loved the train ride!

 We found many marmots near the top where the ground was still covered with snow.  You can see this guy just hanging out on some of the wood.
 Of course we got to enjoy donuts at the top!  World famous donuts at that! :)





 Our friend Laura joined us for the trip and let me use her camera to take some pictures.  I appreciated it since I hadn't brought my big one - and I'm just not as good with phone photography!
 Allison & Isabelle were best buds by the end of the trip.
Little James is one of the happiest babies ever!
 Saturday afternoon my friend, Amy, gave Allison a Jamberry manicure with a Frozen theme.  She loved it!  I *might* have bought a few sets for her birthday!
 We headed home on Sunday afternoon - this girl loved her trip to Colorado.
And she was such a trooper for our late, long trip home.  She was excited to get back to school to tell her teacher & friends about her trip!

2 comments:

Ramie said...

What a fun weekend!! Traveling with one child must be heavenly! :) Cooper LOVES Jamberry wraps, too...and I love that she's not asking for me to paint her nails for a couple of weeks. :) (The longest hers have lasted is 16 days!!)

Amy said...

Thanks for coming to visit! We loved having you here and the girls still talk about Alison. ;)