Thursday, January 1, 2015

Alaskan Adventure Part VI - Christmas Day Shenanigans

 We started Christmas morning with breakfast at Grammie & Grr's house.  Cason helped frost the cinnamon rolls.  We were so thankful Grammie made cinnamon rolls for us - Mark had apple crisp, he wasn't entirely left out!
 We then opened presents - and I don't really have any pictures, the girls were too busy tearing into theirs.  Cason & Heidi tested out the paper collection box!
 One of the best parts of Christmas Day was we got four inches of fresh snow!  I took Heidi home for a nap and the girls, Mark & Aunts & Uncles spent some time sledding in the fresh snow!





 Allison & Ella had so much fun together!

 Next we headed to the church to have Christmas with Mom's side of the family.  We had a yummy dinner....complete with cracker sandwiches for Cason!


 The Heidi-bug got her first taste of almond sticks - a very special treat my Aunt Geraldine makes each year for Christmas.  They are labor intensive - and amazing.
 After eating we got down to business - playing in the gym.  My Aunt Joan brought these scooters and they were a huge hit - for everyone.  My Aunts (and cousins) spent their evening racing each other on them.  The guys played baseball with a foam noodle and dodge ball ball.  Entertaining to say the least!  I think this was Heidi's favorite day of the trip - she was free to run wherever she wanted, and she even got Cason to push her around quite a bit!


 Mark went to a movie with my brother & sister in the evening so I stayed home and played games with Allison, read a book, drank some tea and experimented with my phone camera trying to get a Christmas-light bokah effect.

No comments: