Thursday, February 6, 2014

February Snow Day

 Yesterday a coworker mentioned she was bringing her computer home because snow was in the forecast.  I didn't think much of it since I was planning to bring my computer home anyhow.  When we woke up this morning there was a slight dusting of snow so we went about our day as usual but within an hour it became apparent that this wasn't a normal snow day - it just kept coming.  It is still coming.  Every time I'd look out the window and think it was letting up it would start to snow harder!  So....the girls' school closed just after lunch time and my work shut the site down at 1:00.  That meant we had the afternoon and evening to enjoy our 10" (and growing!) of snow.
 Allison and I headed straight to the park when she got home.  There weren't many kids there but we did a little bit of sledding and she loved riding the slides, they were so slick!  I'd pile snow at the bottom for her, she loved it!


 After dinner we took both girls back to the park.  Heidi was bundled up well and I carried her in the Beco.  She was a little confused as to what was happening but was generally a good sport.


 I loved the snow piled up on the window sills.  And I was actually looked at our house and thought the old Christmas wreath still fit in!
I love street lights in the snow - they are so bright!  And they help me see if the snow is STILL coming (yes, it is!).  Schools are already cancelled for tomorrow and my work campus isn't open either.  Things are supposed to warm up this weekend so you can bet we'll be doing our best to make the most of tomorrow!

No comments: