Friday, January 4, 2013

A White Christmas

Our Christmas morning did not turn out as expected.  After a very late (and fun!) party on Christmas Eve Allison slept in much longer than we expected.  Finally at 9:30 she was stirring enough that we got her up - but we were already late for breakfast in Anchorage so we let her find Baby Jesus in the manger then threw her in the car, gave her her stocking and took off.  We met up with my family for a traditional breakfast at Ihop.  Well, it is traditional for my family at least!   
 After breakfast we headed to my Aunt & Uncle's house and pretty much everyone (aside from my sleepy sister) decided to go have fun in the snow since it started dumping right as we left breakfast.  My Dad & Mark went on a snow biking adventure on fat tire bikes (I unfortunately don't have pictures of that!) and Mom, Allison & I headed up to a local school for sledding and swinging and a snowball fight.  The snow was wet and there was a lot of it.  We had a great time playing, especially since all the snow around my parents house was windblown & drifted up.


And Allison did get to open her presents.  Finally.  I don't have many pictures of the endeavor since she was afraid to get off my lap for fear of the dog.  But she loved all her presents, especially her Wonder Pets Beanie Babies & matching tu-tus for herself and her doll (named Allie).  She is wearing her tu-tu but wanted clothes on top of it - our girl is not accustomed to the Alaskan chill!

No comments: