Sunday, November 6, 2011

Leaf Collages

I took all of the leaves Allison & I collected on our leaf walk and 'pressed' them between the pages of a big book. I then pulled out my 'Four Seasons of Fun' book, which was a gift from my friend, Mel, and followed the instructions for making making stained 'glass' leaf collages. My friend, Leslie, happened to be visiting for the weekend so she made one, too. We dressed ours up more than the book suggested with frames made from construction paper. Here was some of our crafty fun:

First we cut out our construction paper frames, two for each collage and then cut two pieces of wax paper just smaller than the size of the frame.

Allison loved the cutting of course, especially since I had found a pair of kid safe scissors I let her use (note - they said for ages 4+ so I don't let her play with them unless I'm with her).

Then we each selected our leaves at the pile, taking turns selecting one at a time. Once we had picked all of our leaves out we placed them between two sheets of wax paper which we then placed under a towel and ironed over on high. The ironing melted the sheets together.

We glued the frames together around the collages...and I taped them in the window. They definitely brighten my day. And Allison likes to show them off to any visitors we may have.

1 comment:

georgi said...

Darling little girl...looks like a blooming artist...lol