Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Sewing Spree

It seems I have caught my usual summer sewing bug. I've been busy sewing away. I've even taken over Mark's 'Man Cave' and established my sewing machine and ironing board and I leave fabric strewn everywhere. So far he hasn't had any friends come over so he hasn't yet been embarrassed about this invasion of his manly space.

Anyhow, I recently finished up a quilt. My friend, Melissa, actually picked out all the fabric and made the top several weeks ago and all I had to do was quilt it and get the binding on it so we could get it to our friend, Amanda. I didn't get it done in time for the shower....and when the baby was born last week I figured I really need to get going on this one! So here it is. Really it is Melissa's creation, but I seem to be getting better and better at machine quilting on my machine. I can't do anything other than random stippling well the way it is set up but I seem to be able to do that pretty well.

1 comment:

Jodiferkay said...

As always, you're talents and creativity leave me amazed. And I must say, I'm really looking forward to harassing Mark about how he's losing his "manhood" with all the girly quilting things in "his" room. Thanks for the opportunity to give him flack. :)