Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer Sewing Spree II

I finished up yet another baby quilt today. This one I can claim more credit for, the only help I received was in picking out the fabric (thanks Roberta!). Several weeks ago some friends of ours were 'picked' by a birth mother to adopt her unborn son. Just about two weeks ago the baby boy was born...and a weekend was spent waiting, hoping & praying that the adoption would go through...and it did.

The best way for me to wait in such times is to think up a quilt, I guess. I had seen the batik fabric used in this one at the craft store a few weeks ago, I love it because it has little turtles stamped into it (and I'm very into turtles of late). Roberta helped me figure out which fabrics to use with it and I have to admit I love the combination. And I continue to get better at my machine quilting, even with flannel backing.


2 comments:

Danielle said...

She's going to love it.

April said...

Joani - I love this one & how fun to have turtles on it! I wish I would finish up the 4 quilts waiting to be quilted, so I can start another :). I spent time at Jo-Ann's touching & feeling material yesterday.....