Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Finished in 2014 No.5 or 6?

I finished another quilt... and I've totally lost track of what number it is :).
This quilt was sent off to Alaska to another friend expecting a baby boy any day now!  Anita & I had quite the time trying to figure out what to do for a quilt for her - and after I sent her a bunch of example pictures we settled on a color palette of green & blue/cobalt.  And then I through some lime in there because it pulled in the backing fabric which is some of my favorite, ever.

 I originally tried to make this quilt a double herringbone but it was just to busy, so chevrons it was.  I tried to make up for the simple pattern with some high contrast quilting.  I found a variegated thread that was the perfect match for the colors in the quilt.  I was really nervous quilting it as the first few seams I did were really bold (they had high contrast on both the white & color parts!).  When it was all said and done I think it worked out pretty well.  It is hard to see the colors in the pictures.
 This picture does not do the backing justice but it is the best I've got.  The back has a bunch of race case with scribbles after them.  I loved the colors & the fabric.
All ready for Alaska....can't wait to meet it's future owner SOON!

No comments: