Sunday, August 26, 2012

Finished in 2012 No. 6

 My friend, Katherine had a baby a few weeks ago.  Back in June she had a baby shower and I managed to have this quilt finished in time for the baby shower.  They didn't know at the time whether the baby was a boy or a girl so I went with a 'gender neutral' color scheme that would work well in their nursery.  I bought pre-cut charm packs of Joel Dewberry's 'Aviary 2' fabric line off of Etsy (it is a great way to buy fabric by the way - it minimizes waste!).  There was one floral fabric that I excluded just in case the baby was a boy (although it turned out to be a girl after all!).  My friend, Natalie, came over for an afternoon and we put this quilt top together in just one afternoon, it was that easy!  The pattern was inspired by this tutorial (I loved the tutorial enough I bought the line of fabric used in the tutorial as well!)
 Katherine's favorite fabric from the line was the wood grain fabric so I used it for the backing and binding as well.
I also had a Mr. Hoot all cut out and ready to go so I sewed him up and gave him to Katherine with the quilt.  He matched perfectly. 

No comments: