Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Unplanned Garden





I am enjoying spending a lot of time outside this spring. I've been taking on some small scale gardening projects this year. In previous years I decided I was much more interested in quilting than gardening. This year, although I love quilting, it is not something that can be done while a certain little girl is awake so my yard & garden are getting a lot more attention.


I'd like to say that attention is well planned and focused and knowledgeable and experienced but that would not be true. I take random trips to Bi-Mart and look at the different flowers and decide what I want. Then I bring them home and hopefully find a pot for them. I also decided to try to fill in my front flower bed with some flowers. It seemed like a good idea until I started planting. I found that all of my calla lily bulbs had greatly multiplied and were all over the bed....but I had no idea where. So I cautiously dug holes for the new flowers and filled in. There definitely is no rhyme or reason to how that bed is organized right now!


The two plants I did 'plan' on (and actually spend some real money on!) were two tomato plants. We're pretty sure a certain little girl is really going to enjoy picking cherry tomatoes off of these two plants this summer. She's dying of anticipation, can you tell?





No comments: