Monday, September 24, 2007

North to Alaska (with Leslie)!!!

Every two years my friend Leslie and I have managed to take a trip up to Alaska in the summer / fall.  We decided it was time again this year so we used a $50 campanion fare.  We had a fabulous 4 day weekend with my family.  We had a lot of fun, but for the two of us, both fairly well buried in the corporate world most of the time, the best parts of the trip were my Mom's home cooking, the relaxed, no-agenda schedule and the beautiful fall colors.  We fit a lot into our weekend with no agenda, a walk, a hike, a trip to WBC to see the new basement and hear some great bluegrass worship music, a few visits with family and friends and the regional x-counrtry championships (see above).  Thanks for coming Leslie - I'm looking forward to our next trip again already!!

No comments: